Self help tips
Please find below some handy tips of self care that we can all do to reduce stress and promote a "feel - good" factor.
- Search YouTube for some relaxing meditation routines.
- Write a list of things that make you happy.
- Write down what’s stressing you, then rip it up!
- Close your eyes and listen to relaxing music.
- Go for a walk.
- Plan and cook a proper meal from scratch.
- Try something new, a hobby or challenge.
- Take a break, alone or catch up with a friend.
- Spend 5 minutes extra to pamper yourself before bed or before work.
- Pick up your favourite treat and take time to enjoy it!
- Go out to the country, take a camera and enjoy the beautiful Island we live on
- Make sure you allow yourself to do something that makes you feel great!
Depression and diet
Changing the way you approach your diet can have a positive affect when facing a difficult time with stress, anxiety or depression.
The following printable leaflet will give you some handy tips on diet advice to assist with listing mood.
Exercise and managing techniques
It has been proven that exercise can have as much as a positive affect when facing depression and low mood as anti-depressant medication. The added bonus of having no side effects will also boost mood.